Nina is a highly acclaimed clinician and presenter of continuing education seminars (at local, state, national, and international levels. Her insight into a variety of treatment genres brings a practical approach to enhancing therapy for children who stutter and their families
For districts on regional and national levels, direct consultations on overall district/entity approaches for assessment and treatment of children with fluency disorders are available via online coaching.
Small group or individual SLP “directed” consultations can be utilized to develop evidence based practice and positive outcomes in challenging cases.
Nina utilizes the latest technology to offer supplements and alternatives to onsite consultations for speech-language pathologists. Tele-coaching provides SLPs with direct access to Nina’s experience and expertise. Initial and follow-up mentoring is an invaluable asset for SLPs as they work with challenging fluency disorder cases.
The best thing about this cutting-edge consulting project is that YOU can design YOUR OWN package according to your needs, as there are no limitations of “the usual way” to do things. Contact Nina to discuss specific options and to tailor a program to meet your district's/site's individual needs!
In the past, districts, regional special education cooperatives, regional SLP and state organizations have invited Nina to present one-to-two day seminars for their professionals.
Recently, however, several service entities have expanded their focus on fluency disorder training to “strand” development. This has usually entailed a series of seminars that address many of the most problematic areas of therapy for fluency disorders. This series approach helps to avoid the sense of a "drive-through dump" of information, and can be most effective in increasing SLP confidence and competence of treating fluency disorders in children and adolescents.
Here is a sample of a recent strand series of presentations for a regional educational service center in Texas:
- School Age Stuttering Therapy: A framework for success [Full Day]
- Early Childhood Stuttering Therapy: Yes we DO need to know this! [Full Day]
- School Age Stuttering Therapy: Where do we start? [Half Day]
- School Age Stuttering Therapy: Tools, tools, tools [Half Day]
- Counseling Children and Families in Stuttering Therapy [Half Day]
Here is a sample of a strand series of presentations for a local school district near Dallas, TX:
- School Age Stuttering Therapy: Concepts and Strategies [Half Day]
- Transitions in Preschool Stuttering Therapy [Half-day]
- Assessment and Intervention of Cognitive/Affective Components in School Age Stuttering Therapy [Half Day]